Monday, May 7, 2012

Auld Lang Syne: Upsy Daisy

I am going to do some cards for the rest of the month as tribute to some of the retiring stamps and other products.  Today's card is made with Upsy Daisy.
I had lusted after this set for quite awhile when I got back into stampin' and Stampin' Up! world.  As soon as I signed up as a demo and could order products at a discount, this was one of the first sets I got.  I still really love the image.  I'm sad that it's leaving us, but I'm hopeful that there's going to be plenty more flower sets in the new catalog.

This card is made with one of my favorite color combinations: Concord Crush and Wisteria Wonder.  You've seen me do this before, I inked up the stamp well, stamped once on Whisper White.  Without reinking, I stamped it again, but off to the side a little bit.  I just love this look.

Hard to tell, but the cardstock behind the ribbon is run through the Tasteful Trim die with the big scallops.

So long, Upsy Daisy.   I will miss you at my workshops and classes.

My Supplies List (all supplies and images by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamp Set(s): Upsy Daisy, Thank You Kindly
Ink: Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder
Papers: Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder, 2010-2012 In-Color DSP
Accessories: Tasteful Trim die, In-Color Stitched Poly ribbon

Click HERE for the Retiring Stamp Sets
Click HERE for the Retiring Accessories
Click HERE for the Retiring Definitely Decorative

2 comments:

Winnie said...

Such a pretty card. Love the various shades you got on the daisy focal image. Love the ribbon too.

XxJULESxX said...

oh so beautiful!!1

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...